none
Try to get contacts from Exchange public folder into metro app - > EWS RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

i try to build my first metro app - should be just a simple "Split App" that lists contacts and contact data from a public folder of my Exchange 2010 Server.

But i'm not sure, how to connect a Metro App to an Exchange Server.

Any ideas or code snippets?

Regards Andy

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 5:06 AM

Answers

• Hello Andreas,

The EWS Managed API does not run on WinRT. Others have asked about this in other forums. So you will need to do one of the following to connect to your Exchange Server via the Exchange Web Services:

- Use an auto-generated proxy object model that works with WinRT. I don't know if this exists.
    - Make a simple client application that makes a WebRequest by using the FindItem operation. You will need to use Autodiscover to find your endpoint, but to prototype it, I'd say just grab your URL from OWA, and replace everything past and including "/owa" with "/ews/exchange.asmx" 

I'm going to look around to see if anyone has a WinRT application that is an EWS client.

With regards, 

Michael | Microsoft Exchange SDK

The Exchange Development Forum Guide has useful information for using the Exchange Development Forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 11:23 PM

All replies

• Hello Andreas,

The EWS Managed API does not run on WinRT. Others have asked about this in other forums. So you will need to do one of the following to connect to your Exchange Server via the Exchange Web Services:

- Use an auto-generated proxy object model that works with WinRT. I don't know if this exists.
    - Make a simple client application that makes a WebRequest by using the FindItem operation. You will need to use Autodiscover to find your endpoint, but to prototype it, I'd say just grab your URL from OWA, and replace everything past and including "/owa" with "/ews/exchange.asmx" 

I'm going to look around to see if anyone has a WinRT application that is an EWS client.

With regards, 

Michael | Microsoft Exchange SDK

The Exchange Development Forum Guide has useful information for using the Exchange Development Forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 11:23 PM
  • Do you have any code snippets?

This is my first MetroApp - not so easy for me =D

Regards Andy

Thursday, September 6, 2012 12:47 PM