none
Spending cap on pay-as-you-go account RRS feed

• Question

From Customer: "Is there a way to put a spending cap on team MSDN pay-as-you-go accounts? I'd like to provide collab for the team w/some limit."

AzureSupport provided this documentation: aka.ms/d706955 (Set up billing alerts for your Microsoft Azure subscriptions)

From Customer: "Appreciate the feedback, doesn't appear to work with "MSDN Dev/Test Pay-As-You-Go" subscriptions - true? "

Friday, October 23, 2015 7:25 PM

Answers

• Alas, I was missing something obvious.  (sigh)

Even though I do not remember turning this on with my personal MSDN account, it was showing there but not on the group Dev/Test one.  I went to the activation page and it did allow me to activate it for this account.  It was totally my bad for assuming if it showed one place it should have automatically been with the other account.

Sorry for the trouble.  Thanks for the prompt response.

Ryan

Friday, October 23, 2015 8:36 PM

All replies

• The provided instructions do work with a personal MSDN subscription, but I do not have the ability to set an alert for an MSDN Dev/Text Pay-as-you-go subscription.  At a recent Azure Tour I thought one of the presenters mentioned/showed the ability to limit accounts/resource groups.  It's just curious that I don't appear to have a way to limit what my team can spend.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by Ryan Booz Friday, October 23, 2015 8:36 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Ryan Booz Friday, October 23, 2015 8:36 PM
    Friday, October 23, 2015 8:17 PM
  • Alas, I was missing something obvious.  (sigh)

Even though I do not remember turning this on with my personal MSDN account, it was showing there but not on the group Dev/Test one.  I went to the activation page and it did allow me to activate it for this account.  It was totally my bad for assuming if it showed one place it should have automatically been with the other account.

Sorry for the trouble.  Thanks for the prompt response.

Ryan

Friday, October 23, 2015 8:36 PM