The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Virtual Machines!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Cannot RDP to Azure VM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I cannot RDP to the VM that I created on Azure. Can someone help me? I am trying to RDP from my home windows RDP client. What else I need to do so I can connect to this VM via RDP. Thank you.

HSHAH

Friday, December 8, 2017 6:33 PM

All replies

• Do you get an error message? Is that a Classic or an ARM VM?

The Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection to your Windows-based Azure virtual machine (VM) can fail for various reasons, leaving you unable to access your VM. The issue can be with the Remote Desktop service on the VM, the network connection, or the Remote Desktop client on your host computer. I suggest you try the suggestions/steps (1-8) outlined in the documentation Troubleshoot Remote Desktop connections to an Azure virtual machine, after each troubleshooting step, try reconnecting to the VM and let us know how it goes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, December 8, 2017 7:04 PM