none
Custom UI item is not displaying on the MS Word 2010 Backstage in embedded mode RRS feed

Answers

• Hello again Vyacheslav,

Actually, I am still not sure how to reproduce this issue on my side. However, from what you side, I'd like to suggest that we could do more test for this issue.

From the code you used above: "WordInterop.Document document = OLEFormat.Object as WordInterop.Document;", it will also launch Word application. Right? If yes, we could check if this add-in is listed in COM Add-ins dialog. We also could create a very simple add-in just for Word. By testing it again, we could narrow down this issue. Does this issue only happen when using the way above to launch Word application instead of using "Word.Application wordApp=New Word.Application()".

Bessie Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Monday, March 28, 2011 9:40 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hello Vyacheslav,

Thanks for posting. If I understand you correctly, you are working with a shared add-in for PowerPoint 2010 and Word 2010. Actually, I am not very clear about embedded mode. Would you please tell us more information about it?

Do you write some code to launch Word application using a line like "Word.Application wordApp=New Word.Application()" for PowerPoint?

To reproduce this issue on my side, would you mind simplifying a project and sharing it with us? I could use it for further research. Have a nice day.

Bessie Zhao [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:49 AM
  • Hello Bessie,

I'm not sure I can give you the simplified AddIn so quickly but I would like to say the following:

We don't use lines like "Word.Application wordApp=New Word.Application()" for PowerPoint. We using lines like

OLEFormat.DoVerb(i);
    WordInterop.Document document = OLEFormat.Object as WordInterop.Document;
    where OLEFormat belongs to the MS Word table which has been already inserted into the placeholder on the PowerPoint Slide.

Did it become more clear for you?

Thank you,

Vyacheslav.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:18 PM
  • Hello again Vyacheslav,

Actually, I am still not sure how to reproduce this issue on my side. However, from what you side, I'd like to suggest that we could do more test for this issue.

From the code you used above: "WordInterop.Document document = OLEFormat.Object as WordInterop.Document;", it will also launch Word application. Right? If yes, we could check if this add-in is listed in COM Add-ins dialog. We also could create a very simple add-in just for Word. By testing it again, we could narrow down this issue. Does this issue only happen when using the way above to launch Word application instead of using "Word.Application wordApp=New Word.Application()".

Bessie Zhao [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Monday, March 28, 2011 9:40 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 6:23 AM