none
VS2015 Crash on unlocking computer

General discussion

• Just wanted to throw this out there and considering writing up an incident.

With VS2015 Enterprise edition (update 1) open on Windows 7, lock the computer, come back, un-lock the computer and a dialog appears indicating Visual Studio has stopped responding with the expected options.

Yesterday this happened, I selected restart Visual Studio, all was fine, back to work.

Today this happened and the mouse and keyboard were non-responsive so I had to cold start the computer after waiting for five minutes (thinking there were processes running that needed to finish). That was my option as not even cap-locks worked on my keyboard. 

Looks like my current option is to close Visual Studio when locking the computer.

Ending comment: Nothing has changed on my computer in regards to system updates etc.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, February 05, 2016 3:49 PM