CRM CAL and Windows CAL RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Currently we are evaluating CRM 2015 for our organization. Let me give a brief here.

We have Sales users who work on the field and currently are not configured on our AD and don’t have a windows CAL. Now these sales users will be using CRM from their devices say, mobiles and tablets.

Now in order to provide these users to access CRM I would have to create them on AD which is fine and assign them a CRM license which doesn’t seems to be a problem.

However my query is if I create these users on AD, do I have to assign a windows CAL to these users as well. Do I need a windows CAL for every CRM user I create on AD because all I need is for them to be authenticated through AD for logging on to CRM.

If I have to provide them a windows license for adding them on AD that's going to be a costly affair and we may have to reconsider.

Thanks in advance!

P.S: Please move this post to respective forum if I have posted this in an incorrect forum.

Regards

Abhishek

Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/

Monday, April 27, 2015 11:14 AM