none
Remote desktop connection issue with an RDP client while connecting to some of windows 2008 and 2003 operating system flavors and not receiving SDin value choice 26 from DomainMCSPDU RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team

We have our RDP client and i came across with one issue "Expected data got 3" with this client.

This issue is getting while connecting some of below operating system flavors.

1. Microsoft Windows 2008 Enterprise edition
    2. Microsoft Windows 2008 Standard edition
    3. Microsoft Windows 2003 servers

When we are trying to get RDP to those servers with our client, getting "Expected data got 3" error. One more main thing here is the specified error is not getting for all the servers of same operating system in above list.

Able to get the RDP console for those servers using mstsc client.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i read the [MS-RDPBCGR] specification, i found the below points

mcsSDin (variable): Variable-length PER-encoded MCS Domain PDU (DomainMCSPDU) which encapsulates an MCS Send Data Indication structure (SDin, choice 26 from DomainMCSPDU), as specified in [T125] section 11.33 (the ASN.1 structure definitions are given in [T125] section 7, parts 7 and 10). The userData field of the MCS Send Data Indication contains a Security Header and a Valid Client License Data (section 2.2.1.12.1) structure.

In my code i am not getting SDin value as 26. Is it the problem with Remote desktop Licensing in RDP servers as specified in the specification like "The userData field of the MCS Send Data Indication contains a Security Header and a Valid Client License Data (section 2.2.1.12.1) structure."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you please explain me is this issue is happening due to Licence configuration in RDP server and please provide support with server side configuration if any because our code works for other servers ?

Thanks & Regards,
    Pavan G.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 1:17 PM

All replies

• Hello Pavan -

Thanks for contacting Microsoft Support. I'm researching this for you and request you to please send me mail at dochelp @ Microsoft dot com so that I can share tools and techniques to collect some traces and analyze.

Thanks.

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 7:10 PM
  • I got the updates on this problem. You can close this.

Thanks & Regards,
    Pavan G.

Monday, February 9, 2015 6:08 AM