How to distribute precompiled apps RRS feed

• Question

• User-68064595 posted

Hi,

I have a big webapp that use codebehind but that takes about 30 minutes to be full compiled by aspnet_compiler because of the number of dll, web pages and web controls.

I thought to run aspnet_compiler on my build machine and distribute a package the web app already compiled so into the end user web server it need only to jit.

The problem is that inside the *.compiled file is stored the virtual path of my server that can be different from the end user path.

I'm missing something? There's no way to distribute an already compiled app or to speed up the compile time?

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 11:34 AM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi Gibson,

We can precompile a Web site project before it is made available to users. This provides many advantages, which include faster initial response time, error checking, source-code protection, and efficient deployment. This is particularly important in large sites where there are frequent changes in Web pages and code files. etc.

According to your description above, it's recommended to learn the ASP.NET precompilation overview below。

ASP.NET Precompilation Overview: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/bb398860(v=vs.100).aspx

Regards

Angie

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 3:48 AM
  • User-68064595 posted

Thanks for the quick answer. I read the documentation and I followed the instructions but I don't want to precompile the web app (is not a website project, is a collection of web application projects) on the customer server.

I would like to precompile it on my build server and distribute it inside a zip file that the customer can unpack wherever he want, map it to an app pool inside IIS and run it.

I tried but as inside the *.compiled file there's the path of my build server I can't copy those files to another server in a different location. Is it possible? Thanks.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 11:15 AM