none
with MSCHAPv2 configuration wireless network not able to connect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

When working on PXA270 Development Board ,we have customized Driver for WiFi on windows embedded CE 6.0 R2 The configurations i have done is follows:

dhcp checked 

username xxx

password xxx  

domain name xxx    

wireless on  

authentication wpa2 enterprise

encryption aes and tkip

eaptype MSCHAPV2

with the above configurations, i seen a different behaviour

1) after configuring MSCHAPv2 , and rebooting the PXA270 target board, my wifi is not connected. may be we are getting after many reboots sometime ( once in 50 times)

2) with the default PEAP or Tls configuration it is working fine please let me know where can i find source code of MSCHAPV2 and why the behaviour is in this way?? please help me in MSCHAPv2

Ravikanth Varigonda
    Monday, September 13, 2010 1:09 PM

All replies

• You've set these options using the standard user interface to the WiFi stack, WZC?  Or you're trying to set this up via the registry or directly accessing the wireless settings using the WZCAPI?

What does this mean, "my wifi is not connected. may be we are getting after many reboots sometime ( once in 50 times)"?  You're occasionally getting a connection?  The unit reboots itself?  The connection is successful until you reboot?

Paul T.

Monday, September 13, 2010 3:16 PM
  • Above mentioned configuration are done through WZCtool.c which inherently uses WZC API to configure the parameters into WIFI stack.

When we configure these value and reboot the system (manually), we get connected to the network. But if we reboot the system again, we cannot connect back to the same network.

Ravikanth Varigonda

Ravikanth Varigonda
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:52 AM
  • I hope you are trying to use wzctool.exe to configure and autoconnect your WIFI.  Invoking Wzctool.exe with proper parameters (like ssid, autentication, encryption and network key) at startup of your wince system, should try to establish wifi connection automatically within some seconds. If sometime this happens and sometimes this doesn't happen, means, you should probably check what error message does Wzctool.exe returns. You can open command prompt and try to invoke wzctool.exe with appropriate parameters. This should show the error message in console if something is wrong.

May be the wireless interface is not up and running before you configure parameters for it...

Ramesh
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:13 AM
  • Ramesh,

we are only getting this when we configured EAPTYPE MSCHAPV2.and with Rest it is working fine.

So we want to know how MSCHAPV2 is implemented ?

Regards

Ravikanth

Ravikanth Varigonda
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:19 AM
  • My guess is that you are not storing the MasterKeysInRegistry and that a "reboot" clears the object store on your device.  Look up MasterKeysInRegistry in the registry help and try setting that in the boot registry for your device and repeating your tests.

Paul T.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:55 PM
  •  

Paul

After setting MasterkeysInRegistry, system is conneting to the network but after some seconds it disconnects and never connect back.

Regards

Jugesh

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 7:44 AM
  • Fabulous.  You may need to connect to your access point and check its logs.  I hope that doing this will tell you why the disconnect was made.  Of course, checking the debug logs from your CE DEBUG build of the operating system will be used, too, to make sure that the card isn't doing this on purpose.

Paul T.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 5:37 PM
  • Can you please tell me the files/flags involved in setting MSChapv2 in WinCE.

Means i want to debugg the full flow of that process so can you please let me know full flow of mschapv2?

Regards

Jugesh Dadu

Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:08 AM
  • That information doesn't exist specifically for Windows CE.  You might find the general steps for creating the connection if you find the RFC for mschapv2.  I really don't think that's going to help you, though.

Paul T.

Monday, May 16, 2011 4:47 PM
  • Do any one has the code of mschapv2 ?

please share the link from where i can download the same?

shall be greatful,

Thanks,
    Vinay

Thursday, March 12, 2015 3:52 AM
  • You cannot download the code for MSChapV2. Forget about that option. Microsoft doesn't release that type of code to anyone.

As noted, look at the AP logs and see what's happening, particularly during disconnect. Maybe you have an antenna or radio issue...

Paul T.

Monday, March 16, 2015 7:14 PM