Timeout occuured on the webservice with the only 3 user connecting... RRS feed

• Question

• User-1090067060 posted

Hello. I'm a korean even though I am not good at in english and windows system,

but I'll do my best to make you understand what I met the trouble.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made the webservice that was for the Inteligent Building System and was running on a part of the IBS S/W.

My IBS software(C#) is running with the data acquisition functions that get the data from the lighting controller, power controller, cctv, gate controller...etc.

Webservice(filename:EM5.asmx) has about 50ea function

that send the information data of the IBS controller to the client browser every 1 second(used the AJAX timer) 

which was made aspx and webservice(asmx).

-------------------------------------------------------

Server PC' specification is like the below.

CPU: i5 3.2GHz

Windows OS: windows7 Home Premium K.

HDD: 500 G

-----------------------------------------------------

when the 3 client PC is connecting to the Server PC, the webservice operation is good.

but, when the 6 client PC is connectiong to the Server PC, a part of cleint PC's webbrowser displays the error message like the below.

"The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after <var>00:00:10</var>. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I heard that the windows 7 home premium has the ablility that 20 user PC can be connected to itself at the same time.

I'd like to run the webservice on the IBS s/w without halt in the 10~50 user connected that should be refreshed in 2 second on the AJAX timer.

I don't want to modify the timeout to the longer time than 5 sec. 

-----------------------------------------------------

1.what's the problem in this case. 

2.what's the solution for this trouble shooting? (PC upgrade or windows upgrad to Winserver and how much...in the low cost???)

---------------------------------------------------

I 'll look forward to your kind reply,

thank you...

--------------------------------------------------

cf) I found one thing that webservice s/w on windows 7 ultimate could service until 10ea client PC.

but, webservice s/w on windows 7 home could service less than 5ea client PC.

3. I wonder the windows type limitation, when the webservice is running.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:30 PM

Answers

• User260886948 posted

Hi,
    >>The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after <var>00:00:10</var>. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout

From the above error message, I think we should try to increase the timeout value. It should be something like below:

<bindings>
        <basicHttpBinding>
            <binding name="basicHttp" allowCookies="true"
                     maxReceivedMessageSize="20000000" 
                     maxBufferSize="20000000"
                     maxBufferPoolSize="20000000"
                     closeTimeout="00:30:00" 
                     openTimeout="00:30:00" 
                     receiveTimeout="00:30:00" 
                     sendTimeout="00:30:00" 
               >
                <readerQuotas maxDepth="32"