none
UNB4.1 Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using BizTalk ENT server 2006 R2. I want to create EDIFACT INVOIC message and it's header UNB section contains following

UNB+UNOB:4+SENDERID:14+RECIEVERID:14+100318:1158+23++++1'.

as you can see UNB4.1 contains 6 characters (the date), which suppose to be 8(20100318). How do i resolve this? Pls help me.

Thank you.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:32 AM

Answers

• Hi

Are you facing any issues while disassembling because biztalk does not validate it. And it passes through the disassembler. The UNB header will be with the context of the message so you can fetch the UNB header and modify as you like once it is disassembled.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:43 AM
  • Hi,

I think you are talking about edi send pipeline. So in party properties you can not set the Date format type for Interchanges. You can do it only for group.

But you can do it through custom pipeline component.

Thanks

Gyan

If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi

Are you facing any issues while disassembling because biztalk does not validate it. And it passes through the disassembler. The UNB header will be with the context of the message so you can fetch the UNB header and modify as you like once it is disassembled.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:43 AM
  • Hi,

I think you are talking about edi send pipeline. So in party properties you can not set the Date format type for Interchanges. You can do it only for group.

But you can do it through custom pipeline component.

Thanks

Gyan

If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 2:36 PM