WP8.1 MDM Remote Reset PIN and Lock Strange behaviour RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have the following issue when sending LockAndResetPin more than once without unlocking the device inbetween.

>Issue sequential exec on LockAndResetPIN and get on NewPINValue, phone locks and new PIN is in response OK.

>Access device with new PIN, works OK.

>Issue sequential exec on LockAndResetPIN and get on NewPINValue, phone locks and new PIN is in response OK.

>Issue sequential exec on LockAndResetPIN and get on NewPINValue, this time the LockAndResetPIN returns a 500 error and the NewPIN is null.  Even though LockAndResetPIN failed, the previous PIN returned no longer works and you have to wipe the device.

It does state in the doc that the generated pin may be offensive and therefore you can execute LockAndResetPIN again - however it seems that this causes some nasty behavior.

Thursday, May 29, 2014 2:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Scott,

Thanks for the updated repro steps and reporting this issue. We have been able to reproduce this issue and have logged a bug for this. While I can't give you an estimate for a fix, I will tell you that it is being actively tracked...

Regards,

Prashant

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 11:11 PM

All replies

• I will check against this scenario and get back to you...

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Friday, May 30, 2014 1:21 AM
  • Just to update on this issue - it only appears to happen if there was no passcode set.

So the following works ok - 

>Set passcode

>Reset passcode

>Reset passcode

>Enter new pin OK

>Unset passcode

>Reset passcode

>Reset passcode - reset fails and new pin is null

>Enter pin from first reset and it states incorrect pin and you have to reset

Thanks

Scott

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:09 AM
  • Hi Scott,

Thanks for the updated repro steps and reporting this issue. We have been able to reproduce this issue and have logged a bug for this. While I can't give you an estimate for a fix, I will tell you that it is being actively tracked...

Regards,

Prashant

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 11:11 PM
  • Hi,

We are facing same issue. This behaviour is kind of blocker for our implementation. Is there any progress on same? Is there any workaround for same?

Is it possible to understand in server side, whether User has used newly generated reset password ?

Regards

VV

Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:26 PM
  • Hi Prashant,

We are facing the same issue, can you please update on the solution of this issue

Thanks

Swapnil

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 12:41 PM