Windows Embedded POSReady RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to ask about Windows Embedded POSReady? is it still available from Microsoft or replaced by Windows Embedded 8? or those are the same products with different naming? can anyone explain please?

Also, is there a developer download for it if we would like to test a POS .NET application or it's available for purchase only?

Thanks,

Jassim

• Moved by Fred Bao Monday, March 9, 2015 2:46 AM POS Related
    Sunday, March 8, 2015 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hello Jassim,

Since this issus is related with POS.NET, I move it to the POS for NET forum there are POS experts will help you, the current forum you posted to is used to discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 9, 2015 2:46 AM
  • Actually, this is a POSReady question and there is POSReady forum: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=posready

The POS OS roadmap:

• WEPOS
    • POSReady 2009
    • POSReady 7
    • Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry - This version is the convergence of WES and POSReady.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, March 9, 2015 3:20 AM
    Answerer
  • so you mean POSeady does not exist anymore and it's now Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry?

Monday, March 9, 2015 6:17 AM
  • Correct. There is also no more WES. MS started down this new path with the release of Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry that replaces WES and POSready.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, March 9, 2015 2:54 PM
    Answerer