SQL ServerSession Mode RRS feed

• Question

• User343984601 posted

Hi, I created custom database to valdiate the user login, no i am trying to create  the session for each user.

i am trying to use the SQL server session mode, used aspnet_regsql cmd with persistant mode to add two tables (Aspnet TempSession and TempApplication) to the sql server databse and tables are created  automatically. here is the sql connection string

<sessionState mode="SQLServer"  sqlConnectionString ="Data Source=KENETICS-PC-011\SQLEXPRESS; Integrated Security=SSPI; Initial Catalog=LoginDetails Trusted_Connection=yes"/>

now i need to conncet with the string that is to create the session after i login, How to use serializable code for this?

the codebehind shown below for login validation

public void LoginButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if(IsPostBack)

{

string connectionString = "Data Source=KENETICS-PC-011\\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=LoginDetails;User ID=sa;Password=password ";

SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection (connectionString);

SqlCommand sd = new SqlCommand("SELECT OfficerID, Password FROM SecureUser WHERE OfficerID = @OfficerID AND Password = @Password", con);

sd.Parameters.Add("@OfficerID", SqlDbType.NVarChar).Value = tOfficerID.Text;

sd.Parameters.Add("@Password", SqlDbType.NVarChar).Value = tPassword.Text;

//String OfficerID = OfficerID.ToString();

con.Open();

//Executing using Data Reader

SqlDataReader r = sd.ExecuteReader();

if(r.Read())

{

lblOfficerID.Text = r["OfficerID"].ToString();

lblPassword.Text = r["Password"].ToString();

Response.Redirect("Client\\Report.aspx", true

);

}

else

{

InvalidCredentialsMessage.Visible =true;

}

r.Close();

con.Close();

}

}

Please suggest me some solution,

Thanks

Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:48 PM

Answers

• User-269404413 posted

Mano,

Here is your need

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 13, 2011 2:23 AM
  • User-578657687 posted

Hi,

now i need to conncet with the string that is to create the session after i login, How to use serializable code for this?

You means that you need to use the code with being serialized. If I don't misunderstanding your requirement, i sugguest you to refer to the links below about serialization and deserialization, I think these tutorials don't only help you to troubleshoot you current issue but also make you benefit when you meet relevant issues of serilization and deserialization in the future:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7ay27kt9(v=VS.80).aspx

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/SerAndDeserialization.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:13 AM

All replies