Scaffolding custom views RRS feed

• Question

• User-183185495 posted

Is there any documentation or tutorials on scaffolding it 
    Asp.net core. I want to add some custom code to views that am always repeating. I would like to be able to modify the controller dialog that appears to add two tick boxes there as well to allow for the new custom generators.

I know Microsoft done away with the super simple t4 generators for the new scaffolding GitHub project but the documentation in its use is very poor.

Thursday, July 16, 2020 5:27 PM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

The templates are located at C:\Users\{username}\.nuget\packages\microsoft.visualstudio.web.codegenerators.mvc\{Core Version}\Templates\.

You can edit them. I'm not sure about adding new ones. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, July 17, 2020 5:46 AM
  • User711641945 posted

Hi roguenidb,

As Mike said, you could find the default template in `C:\Users\{username}\.nuget\packages\microsoft.visualstudio.web.codegenerators.mvc\{Core Version}\Templates\`.

You could copy the Templates folder to your project and edit them as required.Then you could did the scaffold operation.

Here is what I try with an asp.net core mvc application.Because I do not use Identity,so I just copy the Templates folder to project with out Identity and Identity_Versioned folder:

Best Regards,

Rena

Friday, July 17, 2020 6:31 AM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

The templates are located at C:\Users\{username}\.nuget\packages\microsoft.visualstudio.web.codegenerators.mvc\{Core Version}\Templates\.

You can edit them. I'm not sure about adding new ones. 

Friday, July 17, 2020 5:46 AM
  • User711641945 posted

Hi roguenidb,

As Mike said, you could find the default template in `C:\Users\{username}\.nuget\packages\microsoft.visualstudio.web.codegenerators.mvc\{Core Version}\Templates\`.

You could copy the Templates folder to your project and edit them as required.Then you could did the scaffold operation.

Here is what I try with an asp.net core mvc application.Because I do not use Identity,so I just copy the Templates folder to project with out Identity and Identity_Versioned folder:

Best Regards,

Rena

Friday, July 17, 2020 6:31 AM