ASDK - Unable to register Azure Stack Resource Provider with Microsoft.AzureStack Namespace RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have installed ASDK successfully and I also successfully uploaded the Windows 2016 OS image into the marketplace from the ASDK POC host.

Using the same PowerShell ISE (run as administrator) command window, I am now trying to register the Azure Stack installation with Azure public cloud as per the instruction below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-register

Prior to proceed with the actual registration process, we must ensure that the Azure subscription is registered for Microsoft.AzureStack NameSpace in Azure. Correct?

When trying to verify or register using the command in Step 5 of the registration procedure online documentation above, I got the following error message:

Get-AzureRmResourceProvider : InvalidResourceNamespace: The resource namespace 'microsoft.azurestack' is invalid.

At line:1 char:1

+ Get-AzureRmResourceProvider -ProviderNamespace 'microsoft.azurestack'

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : CloseError: (:) [Get-AzureRmResourceProvider], CloudException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Providers.GetAzureProviderCmdlet

Register-AzureRmResourceProvider : InvalidResourceNamespace: The resource namespace 'Microsoft.AzureStack' is invalid.

At line:1 char:1

+ Register-AzureRmResourceProvider -ProviderNamespace 'Microsoft.AzureS ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : CloseError: (:) [Register-AzureRmResourceProvider], CloudException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Resources.RegisterAzureProviderCmdlet

Did I miss anything?

Appreciate any suggestion, tips to pass this step.

Best regards

Denis

Monday, July 17, 2017 6:37 AM

Answers

• Hello Denis,

I got the same error.  I ran Registration anyways and it completed successfully. I think it's safe to ingot this error.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary Gallanes

Monday, July 17, 2017 4:22 PM

All replies

• Hello Denis,

Docs should be updated , this step is not clear. The registration check is not meant to be on your azure stack but in azure on the user that has been used for registration.

You can check this on logging in azure, go to your subscription property then resource provider and look for microsoft.azurestack.

HTH

Alain

Monday, July 17, 2017 11:06 AM
  • Hello Denis,

I got the same error.  I ran Registration anyways and it completed successfully. I think it's safe to ingot this error.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary Gallanes

Monday, July 17, 2017 4:22 PM
  • There is an example here (video), for Registering the Microsoft.AzureStack RP via the portal.azure.com: https://youtu.be/jXCteK9s-ng?t=18s

Charles Joy [MSFT] https://twitter.com/OrchestratorGuy

Monday, July 17, 2017 6:20 PM
  • Many thanks Gary.

I checked registration of my Azure subscription to Microsoft.azurestack resource provider.

I then launch the registration process and my registration process completed successfully.

Many thanks for the tips.

Best regards

Denis

Monday, July 17, 2017 6:34 PM