none
Problem when going to run a program using MouseUp and MouseDown with SmallBasic 0.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've made some math analysis programs with buttons with the v0.4 and I could run them.
    Now I'm using the Updated v0.5 SmallBasic, and now when I try to run the new program I'm writing... The compiler is unable to find MouseUp and MouseDown events in the GraphicsWindow.

Please, could someone help me to solve it ? And tell me if they are other troubleshooting than

File.GetFiles,
    GraphicsWindow.MouseDown
    GraphicsWindow.MouseUp

Thanks a lot.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:26 PM

Answers

• Can you check when you write a simple program cause the same error message?

Example: 

GraphicsWindow.Show()

GraphicsWindow.MouseDown = onMouseD
               GraphicsWindow.MouseUp = onMouseU

Sub onMouseD
                     GraphicsWindow.BackgroundColor = "Blue"
                EndSub 

Sub onMouseU
                      GraphicsWindow.BackgroundColor = "Green"
                EndSub

I found that this error message is raised when the even assignment is missing or the sub routine is misspelled.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 10:43 PM

All replies

• No problem on my part.

Try to empty your /lib directory or reinstalling Small Basic.
    Fremy - Developer in VB.NET, C# and JScript ... - Feel free to try my extension
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:53 PM
  • Thanks FREMYCompany,

I've just tried what you adviced me... I emptied the \Lib folder... no changes.
    So I uninstalled and reinstalled SmallBasic 0.5.1... I reopenned my source code and the same error message appeared.
    I've never had this problem with the last 0.4 version. That's strange isn't it ?

I'm French and I translate this message for you.

"Property 'MouseUp' not found in 'GraphicsWindow'"

It seems to have a missing file in the setup install package... inspite of the fact I've just downloaded the v0.5.1.

Thank you to help me. If you have any idea

See you soon.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:11 PM
  • Could you give a code so I can test ?
    Maybe you've a syntax error in your code that you don't have noticed.
    Fremy - Developer in VB.NET, C# and JScript ... - Feel free to try my extension
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:50 PM
  • Can you check when you write a simple program cause the same error message?

Example: 

GraphicsWindow.Show()

GraphicsWindow.MouseDown = onMouseD
               GraphicsWindow.MouseUp = onMouseU

Sub onMouseD
                     GraphicsWindow.BackgroundColor = "Blue"
                EndSub 

Sub onMouseU
                      GraphicsWindow.BackgroundColor = "Green"
                EndSub

I found that this error message is raised when the even assignment is missing or the sub routine is misspelled.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 10:43 PM
  • Thanks a lot Khumara !!! I'm so sleeping in those days !!! I tested your example and everything was OK... so I thought... Obviously, I'd better check first the sub routine !!! There was just a mistake in its name !!!

Thank you for waking me up !!!

I'm making a program that simulates Hundreds of European Lotery "Euromillion" draws... and make a statistic analysis of the random sequences, checking wins for each grids of games played... etc.

This program will use several GraphicsWindows with several buttons... I'm writing the beginning of the source code and I know this will be a very long source file !!! And I would probably spend several months because I unfortunatly don't have enougth free time... grrr !!!

Thanks for your help and I will tell you when the program would be about to be finished...

Have a good programming !!!

I'll check this page if you have something to tell me.

See you soon friends !!!
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:14 PM