Can't find my published app in the Windows Store or Phone store! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

My app was published to the Windows Phone Store on 27/11/2014, when I submitted the app, I had 2 keywords added along with the package submission.

But when I try to search for my app using those keywords, I find nothing, not online or through the Store on my actual phone.

When I search for the name (Linkd), I do find it, but the chances of somebody searching for my app using it's actual name is very unlikely.

How on earth do I get the store to find my app by more than just the apps actual name??

Thanks

John.

Saturday, November 29, 2014 4:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, don't worry.

When you receive your app success submit, you still need wait few day(around 3~7days) that your app can be search on Store.

Because store server need some time to index your app to search index.

So relax, wait few day, you can search on store :)

Monday, December 1, 2014 8:36 AM
  • hi, thanks for the info, but I am worried because it's been 7days now and still nothing.

Not sure what else to do :-(

Thursday, December 4, 2014 8:37 PM
  • The store is unstable since few years ago.

You can find your app "sometimes".

vOid64

Sunday, December 7, 2014 12:25 PM
  • hi, thanks for the info, but I am worried because it's been 7days now and still nothing.

Not sure what else to do :-(

HI,

If problem still there...

I suggest you cancel submit, and try again.

I upload my new App yesterday.

It take around 1 hours to submit, and after 2 hours I can search my new App on store.

Monday, December 8, 2014 3:28 AM
  • Well aren't you lucky! :-(

Something strange is going on...when I look in the US windows phone store (from browser), using the exact app name, it shows. When I search in the same store using the keywords I submitted with the app, then nothing. When I search in the British store (en-gb), then I can't find it at all. Same goes for when searching used my phone, probably because again, I'm in UK at that's the default store it uses, I think.

Monday, December 8, 2014 9:12 PM
  • Did you choose right publish region?

If you choose only US, you won't find your app in UK store.

If you change your Windows Phone location to US, you may find your app.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 8:50 AM
  • Hello StudioDigitalResin,

The store will search for keywords as well as words from your description and the app name.  If you are still having issues finding your app based on keywords please contact Dev Center Support.

-Miles

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

• Marked as answer by Miles P - MSFT Monday, December 15, 2014 8:48 PM
    Tuesday, December 9, 2014 4:12 PM
  • Region? There's no such thing as a publish region (or at least that I could see), there are only supported 'languages', of which, you get (by default) English-US and I chose also English, which when the app package is uploaded, appears as English (international).

Not sure if these make any difference to who/where you can find an app from.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:36 PM
  • Hi, here is I mean:

Windows Phone:

Windows Store:

Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:49 AM