none
Error 20026 - cannot find publication RRS feed

• Question

• I have restored a merge-replication database after a new install of SQL Server 2008 R2 and now synchronization is not working.  When I go to Publication Properties > Publication Access List, I get the error #20026 - The publication "bldatamaster" does not exist.  Yet the title of the dialog box itself is "Publication Properties - bldatamaster" I don't understand how I'm looking right at the properties of the publication bldatamaster, but the system is saying this publication does not exist.  I get the same message when I hit "View Synchronization Status" on a subscriber in the Replication tree on the object explorer.

I can see all the articles and all the subscriptions from when synchronization was working in our previous install (which was on the same server), but I cannot get it to work

I'm sure this is my error - I'm in way over my head here as our developers have vanished and we're down until I fix this.

Monday, October 11, 2010 4:47 AM

Answers

• Hi dkimbrell,

Since lots of information for replication is lost, we have to reconfigure the replication.

If anything is unclear, please let me know.

Regards,
    Tom Li
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:00 AM