Import work item type definition - TFS 2017 error (Error while copying content to a stream) RRS feed

• Question

• We recently upgraded from TFS 2015 Update 2.1 to TFS 2017 Update 2.

We are using a customized version of the Scrum 2013.4 and I had to create a new TFS project. I created the project and went to import some WIT files like I normally do.

I am importing with the TFS Team Project Manager Tool and getting the following error:

"Validating Work Item Type Definition: Bug for Team Project (project name)

Error while copying content to stream."

How can I resolve this?

Friday, November 10, 2017 3:13 PM

Answers

• Hi AUtfsAdmin,

Thank you for posting here.

What about importing the wit with witadmin? 

Following the article to import it : Import, export, and manage work item types

Best Regards.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by AUtfsAdmin Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:24 PM
    Sunday, November 12, 2017 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hi AUtfsAdmin,

Best Regards.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by AUtfsAdmin Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:24 PM
    Sunday, November 12, 2017 9:27 AM
  • Hi AUtfsAdmin,

Best Regards.

MSDN Community Support

Yeah I tried to use witadmin and that worked.

However.. I am concerned why I am unable to use the tool with TFS 2017 update 2.. Any ideas?

Monday, November 13, 2017 4:34 PM
  • Hi AUtfsAdmin,

TFS Team Project Manager Tool is not the official tool, maybe with some issues with TFS 2017 update 2 or later version. 

You can use the official tool TFS Process Template Editor or witadmin command to  Import, export, and manage work item types

Best Regards.

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:10 AM