none
IDENTITY: Use production URL redirect for "Work or School Accounts" in web app created in VS RRS feed

• Question

• I can create a new web forms or MVC application in Visual Studio, and change the authentication to use "Work or School Accounts" and specify the O365 domain my company uses.  This works very well when running the app from Visual Studio, however when I deploy the app to a PROD server the Microsoft auth server still wants to redirect to the VS localhost:xxxxx address.

How do I change this config for the PROD app so it redirects to the correct PROD FQDN URL for my app?

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 6:43 PM

All replies

• Hi tomkQl,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question is more related to MVC, you could post a new thread in MVC forum for suitable support.

The CLR Forum discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. Also discuss all the other Microsoft libraries that are built on or extend the .NET Framework, including Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Charting Controls, CardSpace, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), Point of Sale (POS), Transactions.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 1:07 AM
  • Technically my question has nothing to do with MVC, it has to do with Identity, security, and authentication.  There does not seem to be an appropriate MSDN forum for that so I asked here ... extremely frustrating ... you did say "Windows Identity Foundation (WIF)" right????
    • Edited by tomkQI Monday, March 12, 2018 3:46 PM
    Monday, March 12, 2018 3:44 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Seems like that you need to change the redirect url of your app. Have you referred any document to implement your authentication process? I think there should be configuration for redirect url.

Best Regards,

Charles

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:57 AM