About Resolving DNS in windows store app(using c++) ?

Question

• I have gone through different MSDN forum to find how  i can resolve DNS,One such way is

DatgramSocket -> GetEndpointPairsAsync(targetHostName, targetPort)

Then get IP address of Remote End point from each of the EndpointPair.

I have been able to resolve DNS in that way.

But  i do some more experiment  .

These are my set up-

• Client is in a Private Network and cant communicate in the external word. Client can communicate with DNS server that is provided in its system .
    • Provided DNS server can communicate with external world to resolve DNS.

With that set up GetEndpointPairsAsync(targetHostName, targetPort) always fails to provide a pair list to resolve DNS.It means client must need a internet connection to resolve DNS.

Is there any way i can resolve  DNS from my system DNS server where client wont communicate with external world but DNS server will do?

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:17 AM

Answers

• Can you collect a Network trace using a tool such as Network Monitor/ Wireshark and share the network trace via SkyDrive? A Network trace should show the traffic that is exchanged between the client and your DNS server. The GetEndpointPairsAsync API internally uses the Win32 api: GetAddrInfoEx so all the documentation of that native API is applicable to GetEndpointPairsAsync.

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:13 AM