Screen is blank on my Samsung Slate PC RRS feed

• Question

• When I power on my //build/ tablet, the screen stays blank. The blue light comes on, and the fan occasionally hums, but that's pretty much it. I've tried...

- Booting from USB stick we were given at //build/. It flashes when I power on, but that's all.

- Connecting a monitor to the HDMI connection on the dock, but again I see nothing.

- Checking on my network router to determine whether an IP has been allocated to the device, but nothing.

- Draining the devices battery, and then giving it an overnight charge.

Reading through the articles on this site, the standard response is to go to https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=winnextdevaccount&ct=eformts&scrx=1. However, I get an error along the lines of "Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects". Others seem to have similar connection problems here - "The Samsung Windows Developer Preview PC General  Restore my tablet". I'm trying to connect from the UK.

Many thanks,

Jon.

• Edited by JonAllsop Monday, January 9, 2012 10:23 PM
    Monday, January 9, 2012 10:19 PM

Answers

• Success - I've managed to connect to the support URL using Firefox 9 beta, so I will raise a support request there :-)

IE, Chrome and Safari still give me a "too many redirects" error.

Saturday, January 14, 2012 1:19 PM

All replies

• Hello JonAllsop.

The link above is working for me. What browser are you using? Have you tried to clear the cache and cookies? Have you also tried that link using another computer? Please let us know. Have a nice day.

Monday, January 9, 2012 10:41 PM
    Answerer
  • I've tried IE 9, Chrome and Safari on iOS. I've tried clearing the cache without any luck. I've also tried over my home broadband and my coorporate network - Chrome and Safari both tell me too many redirects, however I just get a generic error message in IE.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:18 AM
  • Success - I've managed to connect to the support URL using Firefox 9 beta, so I will raise a support request there :-)

IE, Chrome and Safari still give me a "too many redirects" error.

Saturday, January 14, 2012 1:19 PM
  • Did you manage to get this issue fixed?  I am having similar trouble (with the screen, not the link).

Friday, February 24, 2012 7:04 PM
  • Did you manage to get this issue fixed?  I am having similar trouble (with the screen, not the link).

Hi JonAllsop, I'm experiencing a similar problem too, how did they solve the problem?
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 10:57 AM