Reminder alert system RRS feed

• Question

• User-1557173817 posted

Hello just created a database containing some person information like phone numbers and email addresses. I want a scenario where the system triggers an alert message as a text message or  as an email sent to customers concerning certain event like birthdays. How can i go about that.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 7:26 AM

Answers

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

What is your database and which degree of control do you have on your servers (hosting services or in house?). For now I would assume the question is about how to trigger this job?

You could :
    - create a SQL Server job that would run daily and would create and send those mails
    - same with a Windows scheduled task running a console application
    - a Windows scheduled task or a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webcron service could call a web page done for this purpose in your app
    - finally some are even scheduling that from their ASP.NET app (would be my last choice as scheduling jobs is no the purpose of a web application)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 7:44 AM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

What is your database and which degree of control do you have on your servers (hosting services or in house?). For now I would assume the question is about how to trigger this job?

You could :
    - create a SQL Server job that would run daily and would create and send those mails
    - same with a Windows scheduled task running a console application
    - a Windows scheduled task or a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webcron service could call a web page done for this purpose in your app
    - finally some are even scheduling that from their ASP.NET app (would be my last choice as scheduling jobs is no the purpose of a web application)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 7:44 AM
  • User379720387 posted

The actual process of sending SMS is quite simple with Twilio.  However, they may not have service where you are at.

There might be a similar provider in your area.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 1:44 PM
  • User960893937 posted

EasyCron.com is a WebCron service. A Web Cron repeatedly requests a user provided URL at a given interval and processes the result of the request.

Monday, November 2, 2015 4:47 AM