Map multiple windows apps to the same notification hub. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I have a requirement where I need to send notifications to multiple apps using the same notification hub.

From what I have understood so far the notification hub is linked to a single app package. Is there a way to link it to multiple app packages and send notifications to all?

I am targeting Windows phone for now and will need to extend it to iOS and Android as well.

Thanks.

Friday, June 12, 2015 12:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Notification hubs are designed to work with individual apps because each app on each device acquires a different push channel from its platform notification service. I would love to hear more about your specific scenario of why multiple apps would ideally share a single hub if you don't mind dropping me a note at yuaxu@microsoft.com.

Thanks,

Mimi

Friday, June 19, 2015 4:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Notification hubs are designed to work with individual apps because each app on each device acquires a different push channel from its platform notification service. I would love to hear more about your specific scenario of why multiple apps would ideally share a single hub if you don't mind dropping me a note at yuaxu@microsoft.com.

Thanks,

Mimi

Friday, June 19, 2015 4:47 PM
  • Hi,

I have the very same need for my iOS app: I have a non-universal app, so I need to configure push notifications for two different application ID, one for iPads and another one for iPhones. Is there a way to handle this scenario?

Thanks,

Manuel

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 9:37 AM