none
AS2 - Filename of sent file lost RRS feed

• General discussion

• I recently fixed the issue of loosing the name of the file sent TO us from a trading partner - by extracting information from the AS2PayloadContentType context property.  (search this forum for "AS2PayloadContentType" to find that thread).  Now, on the flip-side of things, when we send fles OUT to our trading partners, the filename is lost.  Granted, the AS2 standard does not require a filename, since the "payload" may or may not actually be a file (.xml, .txt, etc.) .  However, two other AS2 systems that we are aware of DO preserve the filename, by placing it in the header's Content-Disposition section.  For example:

Content-Disposition: inline; filename=Outbound_Filename.txt

Because we must use the BizTalk AS2Send pipeline, and because there are NO settings to allow preservation of the source filename... we're stuck - an this leaves anyone receiving AS2 messages from us having to deal with the filename issue in a less than convenient way. 

Since AS2 is "payload agnostic", you'd think that you would at least want to have as an option the ability to keep the source filename.  Heck, you can send virtually anything via AS2 - such as images, zip files, etc. - but if on the receiving end they have no freaking clue what to name the "payload", then how useful is that?

Yury, Nick, someone there at Microsoft... can you please look into adding in the ability to have both the AS2Receive and especially (now) the AS2Send pipelines preserve the source filename?  On the receive side, you have AS2PayloadContentType.  On the send side... I'm not sure other than to say you need to put into the header a Content-Disposition section (see above example).

Thanks...

Thursday, February 14, 2008 4:30 PM

All replies

• R2 does not support filename preservation for send side. However, we are adding this capability on next release.

Also, I'll keep you updated if we will be releasing hotfix to address this.

BR,

Yury

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 5:28 PM
  • I know that this issue has been resolved in Biztalk server 2010. But i wanted to know how to keep the file name in the content disposition using Biztalk server 2006 R2. Can some one point me as to how to add the file name in the content disposition section of the header using custom AS2 send pipeline?

Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:27 AM