WorkItems VS WorkItems Query RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am newbie to TFS and just have started to learn TFS. I have a confusion in my mind. I want to know the differences between workitem and work item query in TFS.

Can you please clear my doubts.

Thanks.

Monday, November 23, 2015 5:15 AM

Answers

• Hi NathCorp,

Thanks for your post.

In TFS, work item is used to track the work. For example, a task is required to be completed in 3 days or a bug needs to be fixed. For more detail information about work item, please refer to this document. Work item query is a collection of work items which meet the query filter. Please refer to this document, it will help you understand work item query.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 9:58 AM
  • Hi Vishwajeet,

Workitem is a entity. Example: Task, Requirement, Bug or Test case etc.

Workitem query: which is used to extract results of your work items. Example, how many tasks are closed, how many requirements are open, how many work items are assigned to which user etc.

Hope this answer helps you. 

Thanks,

Rajesh

Rajesh

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 10:11 AM

All replies

• Hi NathCorp,

Thanks for your post.

In TFS, work item is used to track the work. For example, a task is required to be completed in 3 days or a bug needs to be fixed. For more detail information about work item, please refer to this document. Work item query is a collection of work items which meet the query filter. Please refer to this document, it will help you understand work item query.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 9:58 AM
  • Hi Vishwajeet,

Workitem is a entity. Example: Task, Requirement, Bug or Test case etc.

Workitem query: which is used to extract results of your work items. Example, how many tasks are closed, how many requirements are open, how many work items are assigned to which user etc.

Hope this answer helps you. 

Thanks,

Rajesh

Rajesh

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 10:11 AM