import data from excel file to share point list RRS feed

• Question

• hi every one,

i am trying to import data from excel file to custom list using import spreadsheet but it show "An unxecpected error occurred. (-2147467259)"

i was tried all the possible ways what i know ,if any one know please help me

thanks in advance

srikanth

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:44 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Some addtion to the above info....Please use the above option if you have MOSS 2007.

If you are using the SP2010, you can import the excel file using "Import Spreadsheet" option and then a list will be created automatically for you. However note that if you already have a list and you importing the data into that list it won't as there will be some data type mismatches.

Hope the information helps!

Thanks & Regards, Chandra Shekhar

• Marked as answer by sunny0817 Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:56 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:12 PM

All replies

• Hello,

There is a tool in Codeplex http://spreadsheet2splist.codeplex.com/ 

Check it out....

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:07 PM
  • Hello,

Some addtion to the above info....Please use the above option if you have MOSS 2007.

If you are using the SP2010, you can import the excel file using "Import Spreadsheet" option and then a list will be created automatically for you. However note that if you already have a list and you importing the data into that list it won't as there will be some data type mismatches.

• Marked as answer by sunny0817 Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:56 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:12 PM
  • Hi, have you tried Datasheet view? It works only with Internet Explorer. In the ribbon, under List choose Datasheet view and in here you can copy all rows (from Excel file) and insert them to the list. Check also the article below (search for Using Datasheet view):

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-foundation-help/manage-lists-and-libraries-with-many-items-HA010377496.aspx

David.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:15 PM
  • Thank for replay guys,

dac03 your solution working fine but why i am getting error while using import spreadsheet, is there any special meaning for that error

srikanth

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:56 PM