APIM Backend RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I got 500 error code so based on Microsoft document i followed issue solved 

New-AzureRmApiManagementBackend -Context  $apimContext -Url 'My backend API url 1' -Protocol http -SkipCertificateChainValidation $false -SkipCertificateNameValidation $false

My question suppose  if i have 5 different backendurl  then i need to set for each backend service url   set SkipCertificateChainValidation flase?

My environment :

I have customer API but  this customer API  call backend 5 different data center URL

thaks

Friday, September 21, 2018 3:20 AM

All replies

• The backend entity in API management represents a backend service that is configured to skip certification when using a self-signed certificate to test mutual certificate authentication.

During testing, you may want to use a self-signed certificate. To do so, you may set the skipCertificateChainValidation property to true.

When testing is complete, you can either call the Delete a backend operation to delete the test configuration or you can call Update a backend and set skipCertificateChainValidation to false.

For details, you may refer to ‘New-AzureRmApiManagementBackend’ cmdlet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or “Up-Vote”. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here.

Sunday, September 23, 2018 6:55 AM
  • Checking in to see if the above response helped answer your question. Let us know if there are still any additional issues we can help with.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 8:01 AM