none
Issue with adding perimeter server to SCVMM RRS feed

• Question

• I have some may be unusual environment: Server 2008 R2 with Hype-V in workgroup hosting a Server 2008 R2 with installed SCVMM Version 2.0.4271.0 and joined to a domain. I want to add the hyper-v server as a perimeter server to the VMM, so I did install the VMM Agent (from the same ISO image as the VMM installation) to the hyper-v-Host and copied the SecurityFile.txt to the VM, then I tried to add the server as a "perimeter server" by specifying the FQDN, the correct encryption key (I already double checked and reinstalled the agent with a different key - updated the copied security file, too), but the vmm simply tells me it cannot get the credentials from the SecurityFile.txt. Is there any way to get a more detailed error message than "Error (425) VMM was unable to import the user credentials from the security file."?
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:35 AM

Answers

• Found the problem:

I did copy the base64-encoded content of the SecurityFile into a new created file instead of the file itself, because I had trouble with file access to a shared resource. The encoding of the file seem to be important. If someone from Microsoft reads this: you may think about fixing the import to not depend on the original file, but only on the base64-encoded content ... otherwise you could use binary files, so that nobody will even think about using the text-content.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:18 AM