How to change CurrencyGroupSeparator for a language RRS feed

• Question

• User1839264530 posted

How is it possible to change the CurrencyGroupSeparator for a special language? It would be nice if i could change it once and the it will work on the entire site :-)

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:18 AM

All replies

• User641418711 posted

Halo pnr,

What you looking for is globalization.

Take a look at this link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bz9tc508%28VS.80%29.aspx

Happy coding.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:40 PM
  • User1839264530 posted

Thanks for your reply!

I am already using Globalization, but my problem is that i want too change the  default CurrencyGroupSeparato for a special language.

I have tried this:

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo(Language);
            Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(Language);

if(Language == "ru-RU")
            {
                Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture.NumberFormat.CurrencyGroupSeparator = ".";
                Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat.CurrencyGroupSeparator = ".";            
            }
    But i get a runtime error "Instance is read-only"

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 1:58 AM
  • User1577733570 posted

Hi,

Try this.

NumberFormatInfo nfi = new CultureInfo( "ru-RU", true ).NumberFormat;

nfi.CurrencyGroupSeparator = ".";

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:19 AM
  • User1839264530 posted

Thanks for your reply!

In my masterpage i am setting the CultureInfo to the chosen language, the same place i want to change the CurrencyGroupSeparator for the Russian language. So it wil work on all the childpages to the masterpage.

Your example isn't changing the GroupSepeartor in the way i have explained abow.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:00 AM