none
A malformed command line was provided to the BizTalk Windows NT Service. The service was not started.

Question

• Hi,

I have received, the below mentioned in my Local system.

Unable to Start the BizTalk group service and SSO service in my system.

It is showing Log on issue.

Can anyone please help me on this.

Thanks in advance

Kathiravan

Friday, September 15, 2017 2:47 PM

Answers

• Oh...it's Production...that makes things a bit more complicated since you can't just delete the Host as all the Handler configuration will block that.

One option is to create an essentially new Host and Instance(s) with the same configuration, then change all the Handlers to the new Host.  You can then delete the broken host at your leisure.

In face, this is a good plan anyway since it's recommendable to not use BizTalkServerApplication except for Tracking.

Monday, September 18, 2017 4:10 PM

All replies

• I've never seen this specific error before but, that is definitely not a valid startup path/command.

Is it possible someone was fiddling around with the Services configuration? It's not easy to change that but possible.

Consequently, it's equally not easy to fix.  Your best bet it probably to delete and recreate the Host Instance.

Friday, September 15, 2017 3:08 PM
  • Which OS and is it a 32bit or a 64bit OS?

Standard path for eg windows 10 64 bit (both BTSNTSvc.exe and BTSNTSvc64.exe)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013

/Peter

Friday, September 15, 2017 5:19 PM
  • Have you check the Windows Service "Path to executable" property? 

Maybe your Path in the service is not correct and points to a location where isn't the BTSNTSvc.exe.

Friday, September 15, 2017 9:52 PM
  • Hi Peter,

It is a 64- bit OS system and contain both BTSNTSvc.exe and BTSNTSvc64.exe

/Kathiravan

Monday, September 18, 2017 1:07 PM
  • Hi John,

Is it possible someone was fiddling around with the Services configuration? It's not easy to change that but possible.

No, there is no change in config file(both BTSNTSvc.exe and BTSNTSvc64.exe).

But some people from PROD team had restarted the BizTalk Group Service directly (Run ->"service.msc" )

Do I need to delete and recreate the Host instance once again.

Monday, September 18, 2017 1:13 PM
  • But some people from PROD team had restarted the BizTalk Group Service directly (Run ->"service.msc" )

Shouldn't be a problem afaik

/Peter

Monday, September 18, 2017 1:24 PM
  • But some people from PROD team had restarted the BizTalk Group Service directly (Run ->"service.msc" )

That's perfectly fine.

Do I need to delete and recreate the Host instance once again.

Yes, that's the easiest way to resolve this.
    Monday, September 18, 2017 1:40 PM
  • Hi John,

Thank you for your response,

I will delete and recreate the Host instance once again. It is Production environment.

So, I will inform the team to do in off business hours and do we need to take any backup while doing this?

Because all the Receive Location are pointing to this host instance. 

Thanks

Kathiravan

Monday, September 18, 2017 3:39 PM
  • Thank you peter.

Do we have any other reason for getting this issue, like proper admin access not provided to BizTalk users

/Kathiravan

Monday, September 18, 2017 3:41 PM
  • Oh...it's Production...that makes things a bit more complicated since you can't just delete the Host as all the Handler configuration will block that.

One option is to create an essentially new Host and Instance(s) with the same configuration, then change all the Handlers to the new Host.  You can then delete the broken host at your leisure.

In face, this is a good plan anyway since it's recommendable to not use BizTalkServerApplication except for Tracking.

Monday, September 18, 2017 4:10 PM
  • Hi Kathivaran,

As others mentioned, the best would be to create fresh host instances and use them, as yours seem to be corrupted.

The command line showing on your event viewer screen shot does not have the BizTalk group parameter,, or the btsapp parameter.

Can you confirm the Services have it? RIght click the services in services.msc and check they are similar to this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server yyyy\BTSNTSvc.exe" -group "BizTalk Group" -name "BizTalkServerApplication" -btsapp "{--long-id--}"

My Technet Articles

If you like this or another reply, vote it up!
    If you think this or another reply answers the original question, mark it or propose it as an answer.

Mauricio Feijo
    www.mauriciofeijo.com

Monday, September 18, 2017 4:31 PM
  • Hi Mauricio Feijo,

Thank you for your response.

Yeah, its contain btsapp parameter. I have mentioned it below for your reference.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2\BTSNTSvc.exe" -group "BizTalk Group" -name "BizTalkServerApplication" -btsapp "{5544A1BE-4C94-447D-8E5A-FEFEA744B0DD}"

Thanks

Kathiravan

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 7:56 AM
  • Hi Johns,

Thank you for your valuable comments.

Regards

Kathiravan

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:54 AM