none
Need changes for BizTalk server 2010 Tcp\Ip adapter from codeplex RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team, 

i am starting to use the codeplex Tcp\IP adapter in my project working on BizTalk server 2010. but after digging into the Source code and adapter properties , adapter is expecting two properties from the message"Message Start Delimeter" and "Message End Delimeter". but, as per my client he is not sending any start and end delimeters with the message. i just want to know whether this two properties can be disabled in the adapter properties? if we can then how would adapter respond for the messages without the start and end delimeter. 

can you please send me the source code modified which doesnt contain the "Message Start Delimeter" and "Message End Delimeter" please. please reply as soon as possible as this is urgent requirement. 

Regards, 
    bala.

Regards, Bala.

Friday, August 9, 2013 2:36 AM

All replies

• Can you modify the adapter yourself and rebuild? The source code is usually visible on CodePlex.

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:26 PM
  • Exactly, if you have to modify it, the source code is available.

But you really should try it first to see what happens.  I believe those properties are for scenarios where the client can pump multiple 'messages' through the open channel.

If your client opens, sends, then closes all once per message, you can leave those empty as there will simply be no delimiters.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 7:17 PM
  • HI Boatseller,

yes my requirement is exactly the same what you are speaking about. My client will enable the connection push the messages and close the connection.For this scenario you are saying to keep the fields empty but the adapter properties in the configuration of adapter is not allowing me to make Empty or null.

can you please have a look at the code and let me know where the changes are required for the adapter  to be done to accept the null or empty fields, and the process of steps how to build and deploy the adapter after the changes done

Regards, Bala.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:05 AM
  • Hi Ben,

i had downloaded the source code and trying to modify the code but not sure where to modify and what to modify. can you please have a look at the code and let me know where the changes are required for the adapter  to be done to accept the null or empty fields for start delimeter and end delimeter, and the process of steps how to build and deploy the adapter after the changes done please as i am new to the adapter development.

Regards, Bala.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:06 AM
  • Did you try any character?  Even 0x00 (null) may work.
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:59 PM