Azure Blob Storage API RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm starting to use Azure Java APIs; blob storage to be precise. I would like to know more about the Storage SDK. Have a specific question about Azure Storage SDK:

Does it use REST APIs internally to store and retrieve files? How about the performance?

Note: I'll be running all my code on a Azure Virtual Machine.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 7:02 PM

Answers

• Hi sir,

>>Does it use REST APIs internally to store and retrieve files? How about the performance?

Yes. Base on my experience, Azure storage client library encapsulates the base URI for the Azure storage service endpoint and the credentials for accessing the storage account. These methods invoke Storage Service REST API operations to make the requests and obtain the results that are returned.

However, no matter what REST API or Client Library, Azure platform have themselves Azure Storage Scalability and Performance Targets, I recommend you can refer to this page:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn249410.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

You also used them in your project wherever your project hosted.

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 6:55 AM