Where do you send OS Feedback?

Question

• Is there an official location to submit feedback on the OS?  I wasn't able to find one, so I suppose I will post here.

I'm a firm believer that interface usage should be instinctive.  If you find that you make an attempt to use an interface a certain way upon first use, whether it was designed that way or not, it should have been.  Of course, this assumes that you are not the only one to attempt to use it in such a way.  I like the "kid test" personally.  My daughter has *known* how to use a smart phone, be it iPhone (my wife) or WP7 (mine), since she was two.

Ok, I'll get to the point.  When I first attempted to use the start screen, I didn't know how to the apps that were just off the right of the screen.  My first instinct?  Grab the screen and try to drag it.  Of course, that doesn't work.  It probably should.  It looks like a phone or tablet OS (because it IS), so it should behave like one when you expect it to.

I actually didn't even notice the arrows at the bottom of the screen that you are supposed to use (read: NOT intuitive).  I don't think they are a bad idea per se, but maybe they could be more prominent.  Better yet, maybe both click and drag AND scrollbars could be supported.  Of course, this assumes others have had a similar experience.  If so, please speak up so this can be improved now, before it hits beta or RTM.

Monday, November 21, 2011 4:45 AM

Answers