Promoting fields with large attachments in the forms RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have an InfoPath 2007 form with about 10 fields and with the file attachment field. The form is published on the SP forms library. After the users fill in the forms they send it to another SP forms library.

I noticed that when the file attachment attached to the sent form exceeds about 27-29 MB then no fileld is promoted in SharePoint. In addition it seems that SP does not recognize such form as InfoPath form: the icon in the form library does not look like a typical InfoPath icon.

When the file attachment in the very same form is smaller than about 27MB then everything works fine: fields are promoted, visible in separate columns and there is normal InfoPath icon visible in SP library.

Has anyone had similar problem? What should be done to promote filelds regardless of the attachment size? 

PS.
    - I also tested the InfoPath form with only one filed being promoted and the situation repeated, so it seems that the number of promoted fields has nothing to do with this;
    - the maximum file size allowed by my SP administrator to be sent to SP is 50MB.

regards
    blickaz

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 10:53 PM

Answers

• Hi blickaz,

When you configure InfoPath Forms Services, there is option to set maximum size of form session state. And the default size is 4M.
    The Form session state will impact the upload capability of an InfoPath form with attachments. Please try to configure the session state for your InfoPath Forms Services follow this reference.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/3c4e8fb1-c3ce-4d27-8c65-6c4ab140f705.aspx

Best regards,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:33 AM
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:02 AM

All replies

• Hi blickaz,

When you configure InfoPath Forms Services, there is option to set maximum size of form session state. And the default size is 4M.
    The Form session state will impact the upload capability of an InfoPath form with attachments. Please try to configure the session state for your InfoPath Forms Services follow this reference.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/3c4e8fb1-c3ce-4d27-8c65-6c4ab140f705.aspx

Best regards,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:33 AM
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:02 AM
  • Thank you Emir - I will give it a try. Unfortunatelly, because I do not have access to the administrative tools I will have to wait until next week for my SP administrator. Anyway, I will let you know.

regards
    blickaz

Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:24 PM