CQRS sample RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create a CQRS(Command Query Responsibility seperation) sample but couldn't find a simple and reliable framework which can be used for event processing/storage and myself just doing the rest.

Can anybody please refer to any CQRS framework which is simple to understand,reliable and not using any service bus(creating its own).

Cheers

TicArch

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:49 PM

Answers

• Have you checked out Jonathan Oliver's EventStore?

Also, take a look at the CQRS Journey project from Microsoft patterns & practices (even though the objective is not to provide a framework but to share the learning experience).

• Marked as answer by TicArch Friday, June 22, 2012 5:58 AM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:23 PM

All replies

• You can use NServiceBus. 

http://nservicebus.com/

Regards,

xeon2k

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:56 AM
  • Sorry but NServiceBus is not CQRS.it is just a CQRS enabler for one of the funtionality of it in putting the command to database in asynchronous way.

I also don't want to use NServiceBus because of its learning curve.Instead i want some simple messaging bus which just serves the CQRS purpse and very high in performance.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:18 AM
  • Have you checked out Jonathan Oliver's EventStore?

Also, take a look at the CQRS Journey project from Microsoft patterns & practices (even though the objective is not to provide a framework but to share the learning experience).

• Marked as answer by TicArch Friday, June 22, 2012 5:58 AM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:23 PM
  • Thanks Grigori.

I will check both of them and will get back to you. I have already downloaded EventStore and it seems to be very large though useful. If you could share about you evaluations of various messages bus/eventstore implementation, that would be very beneficial especially for eventstore.

I would continue working on Eventstore and will get back to you.

I have alrady gone through the patterns and practices CQRS journey.I Downloaded the code but wasn't been able to open the source code(project in the solution didn't loaded).

Cheers

TicArch

• Edited by TicArch Friday, June 22, 2012 9:17 AM edit
    Friday, June 22, 2012 8:03 AM
  • Which project didn't load?
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:27 PM
  • I downloaded the code from https://github.com/mspnp/cqrs-journey-code.

In that both conference.sln and infrastructure.sln didn't got loaded up.

Thursday, July 5, 2012 11:34 AM