Power Pivot has disappeared RRS feed

• Question

• I am experiencing a very annoying issue with my streamed office 365 Pro plus installation. WIthout a particular cause that I can recall my Power Pivot has disappared. It is not showing up in Options>COM add-ins or disabled add-ins. I have already run Office repair and even re-installed Office. I have also tried to manually add dll from COM Add-ins. All to no avail.

Problem still persists. Would be very grateful for ideas how this can be addressed.

Thanks!

Martin

Monday, January 27, 2014 9:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Martin,

In rare cases, the Power Pivot ribbon will disappear from the menu if Excel determines that the add-in is destabilizing to Excel.  This might occur if Excel closes unexpectedly while the Power Pivot window is open. To restore the Power Pivot menu, do the following:

1. Go to File > Options > Add-Ins.
    2. In the Manage box, click Disabled Items > Go.
    3. Select Microsoft Office Power Pivot in Microsoft Excel 2013 and then click Enable.

If the previous steps do not restore the Power Pivot ribbon, or if the ribbon disappears when you close and reopen Excel, try the following:

1. Close Excel.
    2. Point to Start > Run and then type regedit.
    3. In Registry Editor, expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > 15.0 > User Settings.
    4. Right-click PowerPivotExcelAddin and then click Delete.
    5. Scroll back up to the top of Registry Editor.
    6. Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > Excel > Addins.
    7. Right-click PowerPivotExcelClientAddIn.NativeEntry.1 and then click Delete.
    8. Close Registry Editor.
    9. Open Excel.
    10. Enable the add-in using the steps at the top of this article.

Please try to refer to the steps above to troubleshoot this issue. For more information, please see:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/excel-help/start-power-pivot-in-microsoft-excel-2013-add-in-HA102837097.aspx

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Michael Amadi Saturday, February 1, 2014 8:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Sunday, May 4, 2014 8:56 AM
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:24 AM
  • Hi Elvis, Thanks for your response. I tried what you suggest but it unfortunately hasn't fixed the problem. Any other routes I could try?

Hello,

Please try to uninstall and then reinstall Office Excel to see if this helps.

Regards,

Elvis Long

Monday, February 10, 2014 11:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Martin,

In rare cases, the Power Pivot ribbon will disappear from the menu if Excel determines that the add-in is destabilizing to Excel.  This might occur if Excel closes unexpectedly while the Power Pivot window is open. To restore the Power Pivot menu, do the following:

1. Go to File > Options > Add-Ins.
    2. In the Manage box, click Disabled Items > Go.
    3. Select Microsoft Office Power Pivot in Microsoft Excel 2013 and then click Enable.

If the previous steps do not restore the Power Pivot ribbon, or if the ribbon disappears when you close and reopen Excel, try the following:

1. Close Excel.
    2. Point to Start > Run and then type regedit.
    3. In Registry Editor, expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > 15.0 > User Settings.
    4. Right-click PowerPivotExcelAddin and then click Delete.
    5. Scroll back up to the top of Registry Editor.
    6. Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > Excel > Addins.
    7. Right-click PowerPivotExcelClientAddIn.NativeEntry.1 and then click Delete.
    8. Close Registry Editor.
    9. Open Excel.
    10. Enable the add-in using the steps at the top of this article.

Please try to refer to the steps above to troubleshoot this issue. For more information, please see:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/excel-help/start-power-pivot-in-microsoft-excel-2013-add-in-HA102837097.aspx

Regards,

Elvis Long

• Proposed as answer by Michael Amadi Saturday, February 1, 2014 8:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Sunday, May 4, 2014 8:56 AM
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:24 AM
  • Hi Elvis, Thanks for your response. I tried what you suggest but it unfortunately hasn't fixed the problem. Any other routes I could try?
    Monday, February 3, 2014 12:06 AM

Hello,

Please try to uninstall and then reinstall Office Excel to see if this helps.

Regards,

Elvis Long

Monday, February 10, 2014 11:17 AM