none
error 80070002 in windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• i have some problem that some program doesn,t work because net framwork 3.5

i am trying to install net framwork and it is not complete because windows tell me that net framwork is installed before

and i am open windows features and didn,t find it.

please help me to solve this problem

Monday, October 17, 2016 12:18 PM

All replies

• Hi hatem nimer,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

>>windows tell me that net framwork is installed before

To check if .net framework 3.5 is installed on your pc, you could view the registry:

1. On the Start menu, choose Run.
    2. In the Open box, enter regedit.exe.

You must have administrative credentials to run regedit.exe.

1. In the Registry Editor, open the      following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP

The installed versions are listed under the NDP subkey. The version number is stored in the Version entry, please refer to this.

If you could find .net framework 3.5, try to use the .NET Framework setup verification tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

to verify and once it found any corrupted, you can use the .NET Framework Repair Tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135 to repair it.

Meanwhile, you can have a try with other ways to install the .NET Framework 3.5.

1.If an app requires the .NET Framework 3.5, but doesn't find that version enabled on your computer, it displays the following message box, either during installation, or when you run the app for the first time. In the message box, choose Install this feature to enable the .NET Framework 3.5. This option requires an Internet connection.

2. Enable the .NET Framework 3.5 in Control Panel

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, type Windows Features, and press Enter. This brings up the Turn Windows features on or off dialog box.
    • Select the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box, press OK, and reboot your computer if prompted.

You could also use the command sfc /scannow to see if you have any corrupted system files.

if this issue still persists, I need your help to collect installation log. Please use http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.zip under %temp% folder. Please upload the file to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 6:57 AM
  • Click “Control Panel” 
    Open “Date and Time”
    Press on “Change date and time” and make corrections if necessary
    Configure your time zone before pressing OK
    Press on “Internet Time” tab before selecting “Change Settings”
    Check “Synchronize with an Internet time server” before choosing the Time Server from the list presented
    Press “Update Now”
    Press “OK” twice to complete the configuration and close all open windows
    After this, restart your computer before accessing Windows Update.
    Saturday, May 9, 2020 9:51 AM
  • The heading of your problem says that you are not able to update Windows.

Windows update error is usually caused by time/date issue, file corruption or registry problem and it's not difficult to fix it. The error happens when system update fails and the failure brings about data mismatch problem. Thus deletion of these corrupted files helps eliminate the error.

.NET framework 3.5 may be present in your system and you may have not enabled it. Follow these steps to enable it:
    1. Press the Windows key Screenshot of the Windows key logo. on your keyboard, type "Windows Features", and press Enter.
    2. The Turn Windows features on or off dialog box appears.
    3. Select the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box, select OK, and reboot your computer if prompted.

Saturday, May 9, 2020 10:22 AM