Using LocalSettings produces RPC server unavailable & not enough storage available

Question

• I'm aware about similar question. In my case I'm having problem with LocalSettings. The ApplicationData-sample works fine, yet I have no clue what possibly makes problem in my code:

ApplicationDataContainer localSettings = ApplicationData.Current.LocalSettings;
    localSettings.Values.Clear(); //two exceptions
    localSettings.Values["username"] = "username"; //two exceptions
    String username = (String)localSettings.Values["username"]; //OK

Even though I have these exceptions when I set value, the value is actually set in settings. There is no exceptions when reading values.

It just kills me, what am I supposed to do to figure out this kind of things? What's the point of these raise exceptions if they give almost no clue about what was wrong. Is there a really good guide on how to trace/debug/fix errors that cause these exceptions? Personally, I prefer that the app explodes right at the spot giving me clear message that something went wrong so i can fix it. In all this com/winrt mess all I see at best is some endless woubledoo names from c++ template freaks. I'm no c#/winrt developer, but I inherited some winrt code to maintain and I'd like to figure out and fix all these exceptions that I see happening. Is it possible, or that's how winrt works, full of eceptions, and the major one being that it works at all...

Monday, November 11, 2013 9:36 AM

All replies

• So, are these exceptions causing crashes or do they just exist?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, November 11, 2013 8:20 PM