none
BizTalk Adapter Pack Migration Tool

General discussion

• The BizTalk Adapter Pack Migration tool is now released and is available here .The migration tool helps developers get started on the process of migrating projects which used older versions of the SQL Server, OracleDB and SAP adapters to use the WCF based adapters released as part of Adapter Pack 2.0  .The tool works on the project files and creates a new project which has most dependencies on the old adapter replaced with the relevant artifacts for the new BAP adapters.  The package in the download has the tool, the documentation and the eula . Note that this is a free tool and is released as-is sans warranty. In order to work with the tool the Adapter Pack 2.0 (retail or evaluation) must be installed on the machine.

Please try this and let us know your migration feedback
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 10:48 AM

All replies

• The BizTalk Adapter Pack Migration tool is now released and is available here .The migration tool helps developers get started on the process of migrating projects which used older versions of the SQL Server, OracleDB and SAP adapters to use the WCF based adapters released as part of Adapter Pack 2.0  .The tool works on the project files and creates a new project which has most dependencies on the old adapter replaced with the relevant artifacts for the new BAP adapters.  The package in the download has the tool, the documentation and the eula . Note that this is a free tool and is released as-is sans warranty. In order to work with the tool the Adapter Pack 2.0 (retail or evaluation) must be installed on the machine.

Please try this and let us know your migration feedback

Yes, I tried it. This is the right migration tool I need. And it is free which made me much happier.
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 12:20 PM
  • The BizTalk Adapter Pack Migration tool aims to help developers get started with the process of migrating projects using older adapters to use WCF-based projects. This tool currently supports migrating SAP, Oracle DB, and SQL adapters. After running the tool you should be able to deploy and run the new project as-is in most simple projects or fix some aspects as per the limitations outlined in the documentation. The package above has a detailed tutorial on how to use the tool.

System Requirements

• Supported Operating Systems:Windows Server 2003;Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition (32-Bit x86);Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition;Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2;Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 x64 Edition;Windows Server 2003 x64 editions;Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition;Windows Server 2008;Windows XP Service Pack 3
    BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0,WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2,BizTalk Server 2009 or BizTalk Server 2006 R2,Visual Studio 2008 or Visual Studio 2005

Saturday, October 09, 2010 9:27 PM
  • A new version of the tool is now available.

BizTalk Adapter Pack Migration Tool 2.0 can be downloaded from Microsoft Download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=e68b8fd1-5c8a-499a-8237-4dc23a8342c5

List of changes from Biztalk Adapter Pack Migration Tool 1.0 :

1. Bug Fixes
    2. Option to remember URI and Username.
    2. Option to create dummy nodes in existing SAP RFC related maps, so that the new adapter can return all tables in the response message.
    3. Option to promote properties in new schema corresponding to promoted properties in the old schema.
    4. Added detailed error logging, when map generation for SAP RFCs and IDOCs fails.

Detailed release notes are included in the downlaod package.

Rohit Singh

Saturday, January 08, 2011 2:36 PM
  • I tried to use this tool to convert a project using the old SQL adapter, but I keep getting connection failures when it tries to connect to SQL server. Using SSMS and BizTalk I can connect without problems.

I'm using BizTalk Server 2010 and the projects have been upgraded to or created in Visual Studio 2010.

As the tool does not provide any logging for troubleshooting, it seems to be easier to do a manual conversion. It's a pity.

Martin

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 9:11 PM
  • I have not used the tool myself but I would expect it to probably try to connect to SQL as a default instance. Does your SQL Server happen to be a named instance?

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, April 06, 2011 12:59 PM
  • Hi Ben, thanks for your answer. The problem was caused by me. I am using the default instance and was using "mssql://localhost/MyDbName" instead of "mssql://localhost//MyDb" (watch the double slash).

After I changed this, new schemas were generated and the request mappings and the request message in the orchestration was updated. Unfortunately the response message and response mapping was not updated. So I did this manually.

Kind regards,

Martin

Friday, April 15, 2011 8:12 AM