none
WDK8 - Where is winusb.h? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use WinUSB in my project. The guide I am following is http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff540174.aspx. This article tells me to include the following files:

// Include Windows headers
    #include <windows.h>
    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <tchar.h>
    #include <strsafe.h>

// Include WinUSB headers
    #include <winusb.h>
    #include <Usb100.h>
    #include <Setupapi.h>

The files windows.h, setupapi.h, and strsafe.h were found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Include.

Files usb100.h was found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Include\shared.

And the files stdio.h, tchar.h were found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include.

According to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh450839(v=vs.85).aspx, winusb.h is located in WDK8's Include\um folder, however after installing the WDK8 three times with both the pre-download and download methods, the file isn't there. I'm assuming that by Include\um, they're reffering to C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Include\um. I've also done a search of my system and couldn't find winusb.h anywhere.

I also can't find winapifamily.h which, according to the second msdn page I linked, is included by winusb.h.

I'm on Windows 7 x64, with WDK8 and VC++ Express installed.

Monday, December 17, 2012 5:12 AM

Answers

• It is in the SDK, it is a user mode header, thus ships in the SDK.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Engineer Dan Monday, December 17, 2012 8:14 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 7:16 AM

All replies

• The w8 wdk requires the w8 SDK as well. In terms of vs, you need vs2012 pro or higer, not express.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, December 17, 2012 5:26 AM
  • Are you saying that winusb.h is located in the W8 SDK and not WDK8? Or are you saying that WDK8 won't install winusb.h without the presence of W8 SDK?
    Monday, December 17, 2012 6:06 AM
  • It is in the SDK, it is a user mode header, thus ships in the SDK.

• Marked as answer by Engineer Dan Monday, December 17, 2012 8:14 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 7:16 AM