none
Cannot Change my users to my internal domain - Internal Domain is default

Question

• I am trying to assign licences to members of my domain - however when I try to choose my domain in the Edit User section it will not ALLOW me to change to my internal domain.  It is as if the AD Sync is locking the account from change.  The issue might be related to my domain naming.

Our internal domain namespace is blah.com  and blah01.com  - we do not OWN either of those private domains - we own blahmail.com  and that is what our user email/ domain logins are.

Travis Hahn

Thursday, March 30, 2017 9:22 PM

All replies

• To change the primary domain name for your directory:

1. Sign in to the Azure Classic Portal <https://manage.windowsazure.com/> with a user account that is a global administrator of your Azure AD directory.
    2. Select Active Directory on the left navigation bar.
    3. Open your directory.
    4. Select the Domains tab.
    5. Select the Change primary button on the command bar.
    6. Select the domain that you want to be the new primary domain for your directory.

NOTE: You can change the primary domain name for your directory to be any verified custom domain that is not federated. Changing the primary domain for your directory will not change the user names for any existing users.
    Friday, March 31, 2017 2:06 PM
  • Thats how it is currently set -yet all my users are listed as username@xxxxx.onmicrosoft.com and I cannot change them to be just my domain

Travis Hahn

Friday, March 31, 2017 2:58 PM