Re assigning task to multiple person RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

let me explain my problem,

1)I have a custom list named "TestList" and i have created a Reusble workflow using Sharepoint designer 2010.

2)I will add an item in custom list manually(for testing purpose)

3)I will start the workflow manually

4)Task will be created in "Tasks" list

5)Now i(administrator) wish to Re assign this task to other user(GRID0-3F-DF-55\lnt1, GRID0-3F-DF-55\lnt2 & GRID0-3F-DF-55\spvuser3) so ill specify names as shown below,

6)Now problem arises, it's showing only the first user(GRID0-3F-DF-55\lnt1) in Assigned To column in Tasks list.

Even i changed the "Assigned To" column "Allow multiple Selection To "Yes" in list(Tasks) settings

7) So The remaining users(GRID0-3F-DF-55\lnt2 & GRID0-3F-DF-55\spvuser3) are not able to approve/reject the request. getting error as shown below,

Even though i have specified 3 users(GRID0-3F-DF-55\lnt1, GRID0-3F-DF-55\lnt2 & GRID0-3F-DF-55\spvuser3) in the same order while reassigning the task but only "GRID0-3F-DF-55\lnt1" is able to approve/reject the request.Why ??

Could you please tell me how to make even other 2 users to be able to approve/reject the request(without creating the group for them).

Regards,

Karuna Kumar.C

Wipro| MSBU| Bengaluru.

Monday, April 16, 2012 9:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Karuna,

SharePoint is only allowed us to reassign task to one person, and this is by design. And we will still get "You are only allowed to enter one item" error when we Send reassign task request if we typed multiple users in reassign to field even if we set Assign To field to allow multiple selections.

I have tried the OOB approval workflow and SharePoint Designer Start Approval Process action, both of them will stop us to reassign task to multiple users. So have you customized the reassign task form?

If you want to assign the task to multiple users, you can reassign the task to one approver first, then browser to the list > click the workflow status (In Process) link for related list item > click Add or update approvers of Approval task > Assign the task to remain approvers.

Best regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 9:18 AM
  • Hi Karuna

You cannot assign same task to multiple people. Its not possible.

You need to use replicator activity to create tasks for each of the assigned person.

I don't think this can be done using declarative workflow and you will need to use visual studio.

Regards

Yogesh

• Marked as answer by Entan Ming Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:14 AM
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Karuna,

SharePoint is only allowed us to reassign task to one person, and this is by design. And we will still get "You are only allowed to enter one item" error when we Send reassign task request if we typed multiple users in reassign to field even if we set Assign To field to allow multiple selections.

I have tried the OOB approval workflow and SharePoint Designer Start Approval Process action, both of them will stop us to reassign task to multiple users. So have you customized the reassign task form?

If you want to assign the task to multiple users, you can reassign the task to one approver first, then browser to the list > click the workflow status (In Process) link for related list item > click Add or update approvers of Approval task > Assign the task to remain approvers.

Best regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 9:18 AM
  • I tried your solution but it is also not working.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:04 AM
  • Hi Karuna

You cannot assign same task to multiple people. Its not possible.

You need to use replicator activity to create tasks for each of the assigned person.

I don't think this can be done using declarative workflow and you will need to use visual studio.

Regards

Yogesh

• Marked as answer by Entan Ming Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:14 AM
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:26 AM