Disabling data refresh inside PowerPivot window of PowerPivot add-in - PowerPivot v2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to know if it is possible to disable the automatic data refresh when I work inside PowerPivot window opened in Excel 2010. If possible, I could work in an off-line manner after the data loading.

Many thanks

Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

when you select a PowerPivot chart in Excel you get the PivotChart Tools ribbon, on the Analyze section select the drop down arrow under the Refresh icon and then Connection Properties. In here you will see the Refresh control options.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

when you select a PowerPivot chart in Excel you get the PivotChart Tools ribbon, on the Analyze section select the drop down arrow under the Refresh icon and then Connection Properties. In here you will see the Refresh control options.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:21 AM
  • Hi, I cannot see any option to disable the data refresh.

However I'm talking about data refresh from data source connections to PowerPivot tables, not to PowerPivot tables to a chart or a pivot table.

Thanks

Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:52 AM
  • Hi pscorca,

We cannot manually cancel a data refresh operation once it starts, but we can disable the schedule in advance to prevent it from running. For more information about how to disable data refresh for a specific workbook, see Schedule PowerPivot Data Refresh. For more information about how to turn off data refresh on the server, see Configure Dedicated Data Refresh or Query-Only Processing.

Regards,
    Bin Long

Bin Long

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:52 AM
  • Hi Bin, but I'm not to refer to a PowerPivot published on SharePoint.

I'd like to know if it is possible to disable the data refresh for a PowerPivot workbook opened in an Excel client.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:34 AM
  • Pscorca,

Is this still an issue?

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, October 28, 2013 6:45 AM
  • I have this issue as well.  For a relative stationary large sql table, I'd like to maintain the data as a link, but not have the clients need to read the data everytime they refresh say a pivot table based on it.  Is that possible?

Alan Joseph

Friday, March 7, 2014 5:51 PM