sending sms through windows mobile RRS feed

• Question

• hi,
            I am new for windows mobile, and i want to know the details about how to send sms from windows mobile to another mobile.

I am installed visual studio 2008, and windows mobile standard 6(smart phone)
    I configured "Device Emulator Manager" visual studio 2008-->Tools-->Device Emulator Manager
    Using the "Cellular Emulator" only windows mobile is working
    I connect the GPRS in smart phone,internet is working fine
    In message services ,i gave my mobile number and send Text message it shows "Message sent" but it is not delivered in my mobile.

Ramesh.S

Ramesh
    Monday, July 20, 2009 4:47 PM

Answers

• If you want to receive an SMS from your phone, use a REAL phone to send the SMS. Do not use the Emulator to send or use Cellular Emulator to receive it. In other words, You cannot send an SMS from an Emulator to your phone.
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Monday, July 27, 2009 2:20 AM
    Friday, July 24, 2009 8:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may want to take a look at the following Device How Do I video "How Do I: Send and Receive SMS Messages?" :-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/bb905518.aspx

Hope this helps.

Paul Diston
    http://www.smartmobiledevice.co.uk/
    Monday, July 20, 2009 4:52 PM
  • Hi,
        Thanks for your reply, Based on this video only i send sms,its shows sent time,phone number and content of the message in the cellular emulator, but not in my mobile.

Ramesh
    Monday, July 20, 2009 5:20 PM
  • If you want to receive an SMS from your phone, use a REAL phone to send the SMS. Do not use the Emulator to send or use Cellular Emulator to receive it. In other words, You cannot send an SMS from an Emulator to your phone.
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Monday, July 27, 2009 2:20 AM
    Friday, July 24, 2009 8:22 AM
  • Hi,
        what way i can send the sms from windows mobile 6 sdk to my real call phone i am using motorola w230 model.

Ramesh
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:10 PM