none
List P2S Connected User Information RRS feed

• Question

• I am wondering if it is possible to list more detailed user information for who is connected to a point-to-site VPN connection in Azure? For example, when going to the Virtual Network Gateway, then Point-to-site configuration, I see the Allocated IP Addresses of who's all connected. Is there a way or power shell commands that can list off detailed user information on who's connected and what certificate is currently connected? It would be useful information at times to gather this if possible.

Thanks!

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, 

You can use the below PS command to get the P2S Client info:

Get-AzVirtualNetworkGatewayVpnClientConnectionHealth -ResourceGroupName "RG" -VirtualNetworkGatewayName "Name"

Make sure you update the AZ Network module. 

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/az.network/get-azvirtualnetworkgatewayvpnclientconnectionhealth?view=azps-2.5.0

Regards, 

Msrini

Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:45 AM
  • Thanks. Still doesn't give as much info as I would want such as like which certificate belongs to which IP, that way you know who is connecting. Maybe Microsoft will add something more informational down the road.

Friday, August 16, 2019 8:15 PM
  • As of today, you will get the information which includes the IPs that got connected to the gateway and data in and data out of each client. 

There are no ETA but based on customer ask, it may be added in the future. 

Please mark the response as answered, so that other community members will find it useful. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Saturday, August 17, 2019 10:19 AM
  • Thank you for your feedback. As of today you can only retrieve clinet IP with the data ingress and egress. You may get the above ask in the future. 

If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same.

Regards, 

Msrini

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:06 AM
  • Thanks... If that is the case right now with Microsoft's stance on that command and info for Point-to-Site VPN then that is the answer.

Thanks everyone

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:42 AM