Does WM 6.5 support animated gifs as animated wallpaper? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm asking because I saw it on HTC HD2. Or is it some sort of HTC's utility?
    If You'll find my answer satisfactory or helpful - mark it as answered or vote for it! Thank You.
    "If You think You know better then me, why is Your code not working, then don't waste my time at this forum. Otherwise - do as I'm suggesting."
    Friday, October 9, 2009 7:27 AM

All replies

• I just tried on a WM6.5 emulator and it doesn't support gif animated wallpaper (i.e. the gif picture is displayed as still image). So I guess it's done by the shell (SPB Mobile Shell?) the HTC device uses. It's not necessarily an animated gif.

I haven't a HD2 device at hand so it's just my guess from some videos. You may go to the HTC forums for confirmation.

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:25 AM
  • Yeah, I've tried the same (on the emu :)), but it's a bit strange though..
    HTC HD2 is doing it on a plain WM 6.5 (it can be seen especially on the WM 6.5 lock screen), so I guess there's got to be a way.
    If it's not gif then maybe swf (in ROM Flash Lite 3 is used).

Chunsheng Tang, would You be able to check this in the WM developement department in MS or somehow ask them (via mail) if WM shell or gwes implements animated themes somehow?

If You'll find my answer satisfactory or helpful - mark it as answered or vote for it! Thank You.
    "If You think You know better then me, why is Your code not working, then don't waste my time at this forum. Otherwise - do as I'm suggesting."
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:51 PM
  • found any answers guys?
    Monday, January 10, 2011 11:28 AM