0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'entitySets' of undefined or null reference RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I am using VS2013 Update 2. When I reference the security OData model, I got following error.

To replicate the problem, here are the steps

1. create new LightSwitch Html app
    2. use Forms authentication
    3. Grant SecurityAdministration for debug
    4. Add a few Permisions
    5. add a OData Services using http://localhost:{port}/Microsoft.LightSwitch.SecurityData.svc
    6. For LightSwitch.Security OData service, Specify the authentication type: None (or any other type)
    7. For LightSwitch.Security OData service, select all the entities
    8. Add an html browser data screen or Common Screen Set and select an entity such as SecurityData.UserRegistrations or Permisions
    9. run the app, and you will get the this error

Any help will be greatly appreciated

jl

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:04 AM

Answers

• It works as long as I do not default the data source name to 'SecurityData'. So looks like that name is 'reserved'.

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Marked as answer by Joe Lee Wednesday, May 28, 2014 11:13 PM
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 10:08 AM

All replies

• It works as long as I do not default the data source name to 'SecurityData'. So looks like that name is 'reserved'.

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Marked as answer by Joe Lee Wednesday, May 28, 2014 11:13 PM
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 10:08 AM
  • thanks. i should post the questions a lot earlier since it cost my 2 days battling with the problems.

jl

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 11:13 PM
  • Hi Dave

It seems that the security odata services does not bring any related Permissions and Assignments for related roles. I have posted a question and hope you have some insights.

Here is the link:securityData odata services does not bring back related RoleAssignments and RolePermissions

Thanks

jl

Thursday, May 29, 2014 5:02 AM