none
Windows Time Service Event ID : 47

Question

• Currently I am working on my Final Year Project. One of the component is for my server and client to sync their time at a given interval. There is a redundant server for me to use in case the main server goes down.

Here comes the problem, when my main server goes down. At next polling interval Windows time service doesn't sync obtain from my redundant server and yet it tried to reach my main server(which is currently down). My objective is to quickly switch my NTP client machine to sync from the redundant server but it seem that windows time service will try to reach the main server for 8 times before dropping it as a time server.

The Warning Message

"Time Provider NtpClient: No valid response has been received from manually configured peer time-server,0x1 after 8 attempts to contact it. This peer will be discarded as a time source and NtpClient will attempt to discover a new peer with this DNS name."

How can I reduce the number of attempts? I tried to change the value of "ResolvePeerBackoffMaxTimes" inside the registry but it didn't reduce the number of attempt by the client. Please help. Thanks!

Monday, April 17, 2017 8:46 AM

Answers

All replies